YouTube celebrates its 5th birthday
18 May, 2010 | Web design
Oh how the years have passed! Many Estate Agents will be shocked to find out that YouTube was only launched 5 years ago and has become such a success that it has SEO benefits, spawned a comedy program called ‘Rude Tube’ and has become the world’s second largest search engine.
Now come on Estate Agents, let’s all sing together....
‘Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear YouTube
Happy Birthday to You.’
Did you sing? ...No?
Alas, to celebrate the web design team at Resource Techniques has compiled list of interesting YouTube facts to mark this momentous occasion.
- April 23rd 2005 the first video uploaded was only 19 seconds long.
- October 2006 Google buys YouTube.
- November 2009 was the date YouTube announced that videos can be displayed in full HD
- After only 5 months of being released - the most played video is a song by Lady Gaga called ‘Bad Romance’ with 207 million views and rising.
- YouTube is localised in 22 different countries and is in 24 different languages.
- YouTube exceeds 2 billion total video views in one day.
- 1700 years it would take you to watch the whole of YouTube if no more content is uploaded
- 24 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- The average person spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube
- 3 million people are automatically sharing their YouTube content to another social network E.G Facebook or Twitter.
- YouTube has 45 million homepage views every single day.
Troy Stanley, CTO of Resource Techniques comments on YouTube’s success, ‘YouTube has come such a long way that people have even uploaded videos on how to do the most mundane tasks – such as ‘how to make a cup of tea!’