How people use your website
16 March, 2016 | Web design
When it comes to your online efforts, many factors will have an impact on your overall success. These nine factors will have the biggest impact on your businesses image and reputation online:
- Website Design
- Website Usability
- Website Loading Speed
- Customer Service
- Customer Reviews
- Customer Testimonials
- Customer Engagement
- Social Media
With this in mind, here are 10 stats and facts every estate agent should know about how their audience views and uses their website and presence online:
1) 75% of smartphone users abandon sites that aren’t mobile optimised. Having a website that is optimised for mobile is no longer just recommended. It’s crucial.
2) 93% of potential clients consider visual appearance to be the key deciding factor in whether or not they use a service or make a purchase, so ensure your website is modern and beautiful and that you only upload high quality and well taken pictures of all your property listings.
3) 42% of users base their overall opinion of a site on its design alone.
4) 76% of people say the most important characteristic of a website is ease of use.
5) Customer satisfaction drops 7% for each second a website takes to load.
6) Around 65% of website visitors aren’t willing to wait more than three seconds for a website to load.
7) Adding testimonials to a website increases conversions by 34%. Ratings and reviews even bad reviews (as long as you respond to them well) can improve your brands reputation, especially ratings and reviews on Google Plus. Bear in mind, too many perfect ratings aren’t necessarily a good thing as it may make them appear fake.
8) A simple high star rating can improve sales and engagement by 18%.
9) 77% of people read reviews before using services.
10) 29% of people think testimonials are vital for building credibility online.