7 of the latest internet marketing stats that may shock you
11 July, 2012 | Web design
Preparing for the future isn’t always easy but something’s are easier to predict than other. Here are some great statistics that will help you predict and possible rethink your future marketing plans and budgets. These facts may even help you persuade your boss to move in another direction on current marketing campaigns and help improve traffic to your Estate Agency website.
Here are 7 statistics that may shock you into rethinking your online marketing:
1. The average tablet user spends 13.9 hours per week using their devices.
The tablet is quickly becoming the new laptop as many users find them a lot more practical for day-to-day usage. With more and more people using tablets to search for properties via apps, having a personalised company iPad app will soon become a necessity. Check out what the iPad apps for estate agents have to offer here.
2. Emails opened via Smartphone’s and tablets have increased by 80% over the last six months.
Mobile devices are being used more and more for email usage as they are practical and easy to access when you are away from a computer. Be sure that your email marketing messages are displayed properly on a mobile device. This way you won’t lose out on any potential business.
3. In an average week, less than 0.5% of Facebook fans engage with an Estate Agent they have ‘liked’.
It is clear that Estate Agents aren’t providing the right sort of content for their fans to engage. Ask your Facebook fans what type of content they want to see from you.
4. 88% of adults own a mobile phone, 57% have a laptop and 19% have a tablet.
The mobile phone is the dominant communication tool, but information isn’t always optimised for these devices. Optimise your online marketing campaigns for all of the screens and devices so none of your potential clients will miss out.
5. 62% of Smartphone owners use their mobile devices to search for properties.
People like to be able to search anytime, anywhere; this might be while they are waiting in a queue, out shopping or lying in bed. The Smartphone allows users to search wherever, whenever. Be sure you are meeting your audience’s needs.
6. 73% of Smartphone owners access social networks through apps at least once a day
Social is now mobile. Make sure that the content you’re sharing through these social channels is optimised for mobile devices (e.g. your blog and landing pages).
7. 91% of online adults use social networks regularly.
Make sure you have integrated social media into part of your marketing strategy.
By Luke Stanley