10 Stats That Prove Web Design Is Essential
21 June, 2017 | Web design
Your website is your 24 hour online shop window, and is essential for online success. This is why you must leave a lasting impression on your website visitors every time they visit your website.
If your website doesn’t look professional and/or credible, you will more than likely scare your potential customers away.
Here are 10 reasons why your website must be beautifully designed:
1) 94% of website user’s first impressions are based on design alone.
2) 94% of people said that the sole reason they have mistrusted or rejected a website was because of the design of the website.
3) 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content and/or layout are styled poorly. Content appeal really does matter!
4) 50 milliseconds – the time it takes for users to form an opinion about your website.
5) 75% of people make a judgement on a company’s credibility based on their website.
6) 48% of people cited web design as the primary factor on deciding whether or not the company is credible/trustworthy.
7) 59% of people would rather engage with content that’s beautifully designed than just simple content layout.
8) 39% of people will leave your website if images won’t load or your website takes too long to load.
9) Speed is everything. Your websites engagement can increase by up to 27% if it is just one second faster.
10) It only takes 2.6 seconds for a user to pick out the parts of a website that most influences their first impression.
But what areas of a land page draws in the most interested?
Here are the top 6 most eye grabbing parts of a web page:
2) Main Image
3) Primary navigation
4) Search box
6) Social links (if positioned prominently)