Local Search Stats You Should Know
20 March, 2019 | SEO
For estate agents, the local search pack (the top 3 positions below the map) is prime real estate within the search engine results page. The local search, which will likely dominate your organic search traffic, sit between the paid advertising spots at the top of the page and organic search.
Along with a pin point on the map, the local search pack will increase your visibility and help you to generate more click-throughs due to its prominence within search.
If you are looking for a way to generate more traffic to your website, local search is a MUST!
Here are 9 Local SEO stats you should know:
1) 46% of all searches on Google are for local information.
2) 97% of search engine users have searched online to find local businesses.
3) 86% of consumers rely on the internet to find local businesses.
4) 29% of people search for local businesses at least once a week.
5) 30% of mobile searches on Google are related to a location.
6) 72% of people who search for local businesses end up visiting stores within 5 miles.
7) Over 50% of ‘near me’ searches resulted in a store/office visit.
8) 72% of people say search is their first choice to find information on local businesses.
9) 86% of people look up a business location on Google Maps.