Have You Claimed Your Google Local Business Listing?
07 March, 2018 | SEO
Estate Agents have you claimed your Google Local Business listing yet?
If you are a local business with a store front and want customers to be able to find and visit your office location, then you need a Google My Business listing. This will make it easier for your customers to find you, learn more about your business and make it more likely that you will appear on page one of Google. It also makes it easy for your customers to review your business.
Why do you need a Google My Business listing?
Claiming your Google My Business listing is crucial for any local business because local search, especially local mobile search, has a huge impact on all local businesses including estate agents. It is vital that you are listed on Google's Local Search and Google Maps and that your listings are customised to your brand and search needs.
Estate Agents should ensure that all of their offices are listed, have a full description of all their services, open hours and contact details, along with images of their office and a number of honest reviews.
These listings are also easy to manage as Google will send you detailed insights and analytics about your listings, including how many people saw your business listing, how many people asked for directions, how many people reviewed your business and much more.
Why is Google My Business listing great for your customers/potential customers?
Your listing will give your audience the correct information at the right time, such as directions to your office, opening hours and even a click to call button when searched for on a mobile phone.
Your business listing will also play a big part in helping you build trust and loyalty. Your customers can show their appreciation of the services you’ve provided them with ratings and reviews.
How to create a Google My Business listing?
Here are the steps you need to complete to get your listing:
1. Go to https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/business/ and click 'Start Now'.
2. Log into your Google account.
3. You will need to complete all your company details such as name, address, category, etc
4. Then you will have to apply for a verification (it will take 3-4 days before you receive your code)
5. You will receive a card in the post with a verification number.
6. Verify your business with that number and you will be up and running.
7. Once you are up and running you will need to complete your page details thoroughly, include your business logo, a cover photo and add photos of your office.
8. Customise your Google My Business page with your branding.
9. Request reviews from existing customers!
A Google My Business listing will not only help improve your SEO but it will also increase brand awareness, reach, trust and loyalty. Make sure your Google My Business listing is verified, active and fully complete today!