How to get started on Facebook for Estate Agents
03 May, 2018 | Social media
Facebook for Estate Agents
With over 2.2 billion active monthly members, Facebook is the most popular social network ever! The UK has over 33.2 million people logging onto Facebook and 24 million of those people log onto Facebook every single day.
How to set up a Facebook business page:
If you have a personal Facebook account, skip to step 3.
1) Go to www.Facebook.com
2) To start with you need your own personal account. Create an account by filling in the form on the homepage; you will need an email address to do this
3) Go to www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
4) Select ‘Local Business or Place’
5) Fill out the information required:
- Choose a Category – Estate Agents should select ‘Real Estate’
- Add the name of your business
- Full Address and Telephone number
6) Profile Picture: Upload your company logo
- Add a short description about your business, what you do, the services you offer, etc
- Add your website address
- Be sure to select ‘Yes’ when asked - Will this Page represent a real establishment, business or venue?
8) Facebook Web Address: keep this simple and stick with your company name e.g. www.facebook.com/ResourceTechniques, if your company name is already taken add ‘estateagents’ to the end (e.g. facebook.com/COMPANYestateagents)
9) Enable Ads: for now you should ‘skip’ this section
10) Facebook will then prompt you to do two things –
- Like your own page – which you should do
- Share something on your timeline – if you wish you can post a simple message like “Welcome to our Facebook page”
11) Your Facebook business page is now set up, the next steps are to:
- Invite your friends and family to ‘Like’ your page, also encourage new and existing customers to ‘Like’ your page as well.
- Add a cover photo that relates to your business – this could be a group photo of your team or a picture of your local area. It may be worth check out other Estate Agents Facebook profiles to get some inspiration. Your cover photo will need to be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall.
- You should post something at least once a day such as interesting articles you have read or written, photos, events happening in your area, informative information about the industry or relevant videos.
- BE SURE TO ‘LIKE’ www.facebook.com/Resourcetechniques and we will ‘Like’ you back!
What should you post?
Now your Facebook Business page is active you need to start thinking about what type of content you need to post.
Many estate agents have attempted to use social media platforms, yet very few have managed to maintain or even use these platforms to their full potential.
Facebook is a great way to improve your SEO, draw traffic to your website and get your company’s brand name out there. But it also helps you connect with your local community.
What you need to do -
With social media you have to remember not to over promote your business and to post frequently. Social media is about being seen as an authority in your industry by providing your followers with interesting and relevant information about your industry, business and local area.
To get the full benefit from using Facebook you should try posting things that will appeal to your audience. This might be an interesting article you’ve read or something you’ve heard about within your industry/area. Try to include images or videos within your posts too as they are always more popular than text alone on Facebook.
Posts should also be frequent in order to build a fan base, without interesting and regular posts your fans will get bored and unfollow you.
We advise you post at least once a day to ensure you have an active fan base. Limit the amount of self-promotional posts and don’t just post new properties onto your social accounts, as this will just annoy your followers.