Mobile is now
13 November, 2013 | Mobile / Apps
Mobile is no longer the future, it is already here! Are you mobile ready? If you aren’t than it should be at the top of your priorities list.
How to determine if your website is mobile friendly:
- Does your website load up all the images and content?
- Can you read the text without zooming in?
- Can links and buttons be clicked with a thumb?
- Is the search function easily accessible?
- Is it easy for the user to find the contact information?
If any of your answers to the above are ‘No’ than your website isn’t mobile friendly and needs updating.
If you are still being stubborn about the move across to mobile, here are 11 stats to prove how important mobile is for estate agents:
1. 72% of consumers in the UK own a smartphone as of May 2013. This has risen 14% in just 10 months!
2. Worldwide over 1.2 billion people are accessing the internet through their mobile devices.
3. Mobile search is 66% more likely to have local intent than a desktop search.
4. On average 40% of all estate agency traffic comes from mobile devices.
5. 95% of smartphone users have looked up local businesses on their mobile devices.
6. 62% of businesses that have designed their websites for their mobile users have had an increase in sales.
7. 48% of people say if they arrive on an estate agency website that isn’t easy to use via a mobile device then they see it as an indication of the company not caring.
8. Social media and mobile marketing go hand in hand with roughly a third of the 33 million UK Facebook users use Facebook via a mobile device, along with half of Twitter users using Twitter mobile.
9. It has been predicted that by 2016, over half the world will be using tablets.
10. Predictions suggest that mobile usage will exceed desktop usage by the end of 2014.
11. There will be 2 billion mobile internet users around the world by 2015.
It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that mobile is now extremely important for any business. With more and more people using their mobiles while they are on the go having a mobile friendly website has never been more important for a local business. Clearly this is a huge marketing opportunity for every estate agent.
Once you are mobile ready, be sure to get the basics right:
- Make sure you are registered to Google Maps (Google Places).
- Ensure your Google+ page is linked up to your Google Places page and that it is fully filled out and accurate.
- Make sure the contact information is clearly visible on your website.
Why should you move to mobile?
Everyone is shifting to mobile devices from desktops/laptops, meaning if you aren’t mobile friendly you will be losing out on a significant amount of business. Growing leads and encouraging engagement through social media, apps and mobile friendly websites has never been more important than now.