Best Practices For Email Marketing
22 November, 2017 | Online marketing
Email is still one of the most essential marketing tools out there that shouldn’t be ignored or looked over. Many estate agents still fail to see the potential email marketing can have on their business and as a result choose to miss out on such a valuable marketing channel. However, those of you that have attempted email marketing and are struggling to optimise their brands potential using this channel, we are here to help.
Here are some tips to help you launch a successful email marketing campaign:
1) Subject lines
- Keep the subject line under 50 characters.
- Including incentives in the subject line can increase open rates by 50%.
- 35% of emails are solely opened due to the subject line.
- 85% of deleted emails are due to irrelevant subject lines.
2) Visual appeal
- Make sure your logo is visible at the top of your email.
- Less text and more images increase click-through rates.
- Only send relevant information to your audience.
- Segmenting your email lists into interests or categories improves –
- Click-through rates by 39%.
- Revenue by 24%.
4) Use Call-To-Actions
- Only use one call-to-action per email.
- Make sure it is clearly visible (e.g. don’t hide it within an image).
- 55% of email recipients will forward emails with promotions or coupons.
56% of emails opened occur on a mobile or tablet device so make sure your emails are mobile-friendly.
6) Email frequently
- Make sure all your emails come from the same email address and branding
- Don’t email too frequently as 47% of recipients unsubscribe due to too many emails.
If you follow these guidelines you will be on the right track to producing a successful email marketing campaign.