Website design maintenance; Cob-webs for estate agents
08 January, 2010 | Web design
Estate Agent websites cannot be left to its own devices. It needs care and attention that only a specialist can take care of.
Do you feel that your website design is getting a bit old? Fill in our free web review form. The web review covers various aspects, such as web design, so that Estate Agents can improve their website for the New Year.
So what can Estate Agents do themselves to make sure that your website is kept up to date and free of cob-webs?
- Write a blog/News feature - Not only does this help your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) by showing search engines that you have fresh content, but it will also generate interest from buyers and sellers. Local and national market related news shows that you not only have your finger on the pulse but you are also an expert in your field.
- Rotate your featured properties - This is a great way for Estate Agents to show customers that their portfolio is always changing, and possibly hinting that their portfolio is bigger than it really is (from the buyers perspective).
- Communicate with every customer - even if it is just an email saying 'I'll be in contact within 24 hours' shows that you can be directly contactable from your Estate Agent website. The quicker customers are contacted the more impressed they'll be.
- Acknowledge any criticisms - The old adage, keep your friends close but your enemies closer, can help Estate Agents see their website in a different light. Any number of complaints about your website can shed new light on something you look at on a daily basis. Remember that not everyone is right though!
- Use social networks - An increasing number of people in the UK are using Facebook. Estate Agents can use this to their advantage by showing that their business has a face and is not just a brand.