Web Design Usability Factors That You Need To Know
22 June, 2016 | Web design
Over the last few years, responsive websites have increased dramatically in popularity due to more business understanding and embracing the importance of mobile.
Of course, mobile-friendliness is crucial for websites these days, however it isn’t everything. You should know that having a mobile-friendly website is only one crucial factor in the design process but there are many other factors that are just as important to have a user-friendly website.
Just because your website is mobile-friendly, doesn’t necessarily mean it will be user-friendly especially if you haven’t taken factors like speed, visual appeal, site architecture and call-to-actions into consideration.
Here are 12 stats you should be aware of to ensure your website isn’t just mobile-friendly but more importantly user-friendly:
Usability stats you should know
1) 70% of small businesses do not have a clear call-to-action displayed on their homepage.
2) 47% of users expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
3) 39% of users will stop engaging with a website if the images take too long to load.
4) 44% of users will leave a website if the contact information isn’t easy to find.
5) 38% of people won’t engage with a website if the content isn’t attractively laid out.
What do people want to see on your website?
6) 86% of people want to see products and services information.
7) 64% of people visit your website to find contact information.
8) 52% of people want to see an about us page which includes your company information and history.
9) 27% of people visit your website to read testimonials.
10) 12% of people visit your website to find your social media presence.
11) 8% of people visit your website to read your blog posts and news.
12) 2% of people visit your website to find your services pricing.