Visual content and its power over the user
11 October, 2017 | Web design
Content is king but too much isn’t necessarily always a good thing. Information is growing at a considerable rate online and with people having access to the internet constantly via smartphones and tablets we are constantly able to receive, share and create even more information.
But how can you make your content heard amongst this storm of information?
Embrace visual content!
Why should you start to create more visual content?
Visuals can help in decision making. Images and videos are more persuasive and make lasting impressions over simple content.
Here are some interesting facts you should consider:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual
- We are able to process visuals 60,000 times faster than text
- 67% of customers say clear, detailed imagery carries more weight than content and customer ratings
Become more visual today!
Here are a few reasons why you should become more visual. By becoming more visual you allow yourself to engage more with your audience and get across a clearer message:
1. Visual content doesn’t have to be difficult. You don’t need any design experience to produce charts, photos and videos. Let your audience gain informative information faster with imagery.
2. Visual content is much more accessible. Visuals can take complicated information and serve them up in a way that is easy for the reader to understand.
3. Visual content is more engaging. They grab the reader’s attention and can encourage them to explore further.
4. Visual content is more sharable, which will expand your reach and draw more people to your website.
Visual content is a very powerful tool. By integrating visual content into your content strategy, you will be increasing brand awareness, engagement and sales. So be sure to create more visual content!