Unbelievable Twitter Facts
04 February, 2010 | Web design
Twitter is a social networking phenomenon. Many Estate Agents have taken to it like a duck to water, whilst others have struggled to understand how or why people use it. There's no denying that Twitter is becoming increasingly popular. The wonderful people at CreativeCloud have done some serious number crunching and come up with some Facts that could convert any Twitter Critic.
Twitter was founded four years ago and already it has had enough 'Tweets' that each of these statistics will shock you:
- There are 7 Billion Tweets to date, composed of 104,860,000,000 words.
- Those words are as many as 133,000 copies of the King James Version of the Bible.
- There would be printed on 350 million A4 sheets of paper.
- The 350 million sheets of paper would weigh 3.5 million pounds and would be the same as 82 school busses, each fully loaded with 84 children.
- Reading all the Tweets in working hours, to the current day, would take 902 years.
- If the printed A4 sheets of paper were laid end to end, they would stretch around the world 2.5 times.
- Keeping up with the sheer size of the 26 million daily tweets would take 30 inkjet printers working around the clock to print over 1.3 million pages every day.
Troy Stanley, CTO of Resource Techniques comments, 'These stats are unfathomable but clearly show that Twitter has an incredible amount of activity.'