Top five SEO mistakes according to Google
30 April, 2013 | Web design
Recently, Matt Cutts Google’s head of web spam listed off the top five mistakes website owners make regarding Search Engine Optimisation.
Matt Cutts said that these aren’t the most devastating mistakes you could make but rather the most common mistakes.
Here are the most common SEO mistakes according to Google’s Matt Cutts:
1. Having a website that is not crawlable is the biggest mistake he sees.
2. Not including the right words on specific pages. Use keywords that people are likely to search for, don’t be vague. Think about what search term people will use to search for your business.
3. People think too much about link building directly, instead of thinking about creating compelling content and marketing.
4. Not including title tags and descriptions on the most important pages of the site.
5. Not learning about how Google works and what SEO is all about.
Are you making any of these mistakes?
Why not submit your website for a web review to be sure...