The importance of responsive web design
17 June, 2015 | Web design
Making the transfer from traditional web design to responsive has almost become a necessity due to the high quantities of traffic to an estate agency website coming from mobile devices.
Mobile search has been growing at a considerable rate over the last few years and its growth from 2014 to 2015 was a staggering 137%, compared to only 14% increase in desktop internet users.
It is time to consider how you are going to engage with your audience in order to give them the best online experience possible across all devices.
Here are 10 stats and facts to prove just how important responsive web design is for estate agents in 2015:
1. 4 out of 5 smartphone users use their smartphones to research brands and shop online.
2. 55% of conversions from a mobile search happen within an hour of searching. For example - this could be making a phone call or visiting an office.
3. Mobile searches create almost 3 times as many conversions for the same search as a desktop or laptop.
4. The average smartphone user spends more than 2 hours a day on their mobile device.
5. More than half the time spent on the internet is via mobile devices.
6. 67% of people are more likely to buy from a website that is compatible with their mobile devices.
7. 74% of people say they are more likely to visit a website again if it was mobile-friendly.
8. On average, companies that have designed their websites for mobile compatibility have seen a 62% increase in sales.
9. On average, companies that have designed their websites for tablet compatibility have seen a 64% increase in sales.
10. On average, each mobile search triggers 2 follow up actions.
It is clear from these stats and facts that having a mobile-friendly website that is compatible across a wide range of devices is no longer an option but a necessity. Audiences expect companies to accommodate their needs online these days and their needs no longer revolve around desktops.
Don’t fall behind, companies that have already made the leap and are already reaping in the benefits.