Social Media Lessons from Marketing Week
15 July, 2011 | Web design
Launched in 1978, Marketing Week is quite possibly the UK’s biggest marketing magazine with a circulation of around 40,000. Every year they host a Marketing Week Live conference to bring together some of the best marketing campaigns and ideas as wells as providing all attendees with valuable marketing information.
Resource Techniques was fortunate enough to attend Marketing Live 2011 at London Olympia and we’ve decided to pass on the social media information to our readers. Lucky you!
Starting off some astonishing facts and figures that all ring true, we found out from marketing company ExactTarget that:
- Only 15% of consumers want all marketing messages to come through email.
- More than 90% of consumers who are fans of at least one brand on Facebook also receive at least one permission-based marketing email per day.
- More than 75% of consumers who follow at least one brand on twitter also receive at least one permission-based marketing email per day.
- 27% of email subscrbers are more likely to purchase
- 17% of Facebook fans are more likely to purchase
- 37% of twitter followers are more likely to purchase.
With so many people on the UK’s main social networks, it does not make sense some Estate Agents continue to this day to think that social media is not for them. Across the board, social networks continue to draw in greater and greater amounts of people and with a little engagement, conversation and conversion, these people can become brand ambassadors.
Estate Agents, it is then up to you to take the initiative and acquire the advantage against your competitors in your local area.
James Coyne – eMarketing and Social Media Constulant