Smart phones for Estate Agents - which is the best?
19 January, 2010 | Web design
Smart phones are a must have for Estate Agents, allowing them to constantly be connected via email, social networking and various applications. It has become such a versatile gadget that many forget its main function - the mobile phone.
In recent news, Google have just released a smart phone that has been hailed 'the iPhone killer'. Within its first week the Nexus One has sold around 20,000 units, whilst the iPhone sold 50,000 phones within its first week. Estate Agents can certainly expect things to start heating up between the two giants.
Not forgetting the Palm Pre, Motorola Droid, HTC Droid and the BlackBerry Storm, Estate Agents have a wide choice of smart phones at their disposal, but which one is the most useful? To help, we at Resource Techniques have created a short list to help Estate Agents finally choose which smart phone to buy.
- Phone memory - Motorola Droid and Nexus One have the biggest memory with 32GB (but only with an added memory card). Without a memory card, the iPhone and droid come second with 16GB.
- Battery Life - Nexus One has the largest talk time (7hours) but only has 250hours of standby time whereas the Palm Pre and iPhone have 300 hours of standby time.
- Screen size - Motorola Droid has the largest screen size with 3.7 inches whilst iPhone comes a close second with 3.5 inches.
- Camera - A clear winner with 5.0 Mega pixels is the Motorola Droid and Nexus One. Coming last is the Palm Pre with 3.0 megapixels without a video recording option.
- Voice commands - Palm Pre is the only mobile without the ability to receive voice commands.
- Number of Apps - iPhone is streaks ahead with 93,200 free and paid apps, whereas Android Market has only 20,000 apps.
Even more confused? No one will blame you because each smart phone has its pros and cons. What Estate Agents need to look at is what matters to them the most. Would you prefer a better camera? More apps? Or the best battery life?
Troy Stanley, CTO of Resource Techniques comments, 'I highly recommend that Estate Agents use the iPhone for business and personal use. It is incredibly user-friendly whilst having every possible application under the sun. Estate Agents can use apps to access their social networking, play games and even help them get fit for the New Year.'