October 4th iPhone 5 release... more rumours?
27 September, 2011 | Web design
Every week eager bloggers across the net post tons of unconfirmed rumours, predicting the new specifications and release dates of the up and coming iPhone 5 from questionable sources reported from the web.
All in all these generally are a waste of time...
So why has this report grabbed Resource Techniques attention? Well Apple has announced a media event for October 4th!
Although it’s not been confirmed what the media event is about, the big stir around the web is the iPhone 5 will be announced at Apple’s big media event held by Apple’s New CEO, Tim Cook.
If this is true, the launch of the iPhone 5 will be consistent with the recent rumours claiming the release date to be in early October.
And while the iPhone 5 is one of the most anticipated handsets this year, Apples event itself is a lot more important than many previous ones due to the fact that this will be the newly appointed CEO Tim Cook’s first big product introduction.
What we might expect from the iPhone 5?
- Not a Major Redesign – reports have said that the iPhone 5 will be more of an upgrade of the current version, with no major design changes.
- Dual Core A5 Processor – the same processor as the iPad, giving the new iPhone a lot more power!
- 8 Megapixel Camera – 3 megapixels more than the iPhone 4’s camera.
- iOS 5 – this is the next operating system software update, rumours of it coinciding with the iPhone 5 release has been floating around for a while now.
- Full HD Support – with the iPad supporting 1080p HD, it is quite likely that the iPhone 5 will as well.
- Bigger screen – the size of the iPhone isn’t likely to increase but the screen is and could be somewhere between 4 to 5 inches.
By Troy Stanley