Future predictions for Commercial Agents
12 March, 2012 | Web design
We’ve been looking at some very interesting predictions for the next four years, which we though chartered surveyors and commercial agents might find interesting.
Last month, Cisco Systems published their predictions and trends for mobile usage. Amongst other things, this paper is part of an on going initiative to track and forecast the impact of mobile communications globally.
Here are some of the milestones that they see mobile data traffic hitting within the next four years.
- Mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on earth by the end of 2012.
- Between 2011 and 2016, global mobile data traffic will increase 18-fold.
- By 2016, two-thirds of the world's mobile data traffic will be video.
- Mobile-connected tablets will generate almost as much traffic in 2016 as the entire global mobile network in 2012.
- China will account for more that 10% of all global mobile data traffic by 2016.
- In 2016 the average smartphone will generate 2.6 GB of traffic per month. That will be a 17-fold increase over the 2011 average of 150 MB per month.
Some staggering predictions there, so what are you doing to prepare for this change and the way that you will need to engage with your audience in the future?
Philip Burrows, Marketing Consultant