Estate Agent websites - why they're different
05 May, 2010 | Web design
Websites for Estate Agents are completely unlike any other websites marketing products online. Any deviation from the standard could mean that Estate Agents run the risk of forcing a property searcher to move onto another Estate Agent website.
Many Estate Agents may wonder why exactly an Estate Agent website is different to other website designs so the web design team at Resource Techniques has compiled a list of Estate Agent website necessities.
- Basket case - Every website that offers items for sale will have a shopping cart so that items can be placed, saved and then hopefully sold. Shockingly there are still websites designed for Estate Agents with this feature.
- Picture perfect - Blurry, small and grainy pictures are not part of web 2.0 (second generation of internet websites). Estate Agents will find that high resolution photography within a state of the art viewer will give them online marketing the edge over their local competitors.
- Putting Estate Agents on the map - Many Estate Agents will be surprised to find that Google Maps has only been live for 5 year now. Now in 2010 Google Maps has revolutionised the way people use maps. Even Estate Agents are now able to have an interactive map displaying each of their properties, but things have gone a step further, Estate Agents are now able to have enhanced Google Maps which can place local amenities to give their website that extra WOW factor.
- A room with a Street View - Although not loved by all, Google Street View now covers 96% of the UK and lets Estate Agent websites add that extra dimension to marketing their properties online.
- Specialist bespoke website design - Only a bespoke web designer for Estate Agents can offer Estate Agent websites with inside industry knowledge. E.G. Placement of bespoke property search button. Not every web designer can offer bespoke Estate Agent websites with a design fit for an Estate Agent.
- Standing out from the digital crowd - Nowadays Estate Agent websites can’t be constructed without thinking of Search Engine Optimisation or SEO and the phrase 'There's no point of having a fantastic bespoke Estate Agent website if no one is able to see it.'