Estate Agent website design rules
28 September, 2010 | Web design
Modern Estate Agent web design simply cannot be created by any freelance web designer. There are certain aspects that are fundamental to the overall experience that property searchers and vendors see with their Estate Agent website.
The rules can be placed on a seemly endless list of do and dos, but to save your sanity, the web designers at Resource Techniques have written down their top 10 web design rules for Estate Agents.
- People should recognise that you are an Estate Agent straight away.
- Do not use popups.
- Do not overuse Flash.
- Do not play music.
- Have a clear call to action on your homepage.
- Use a simple navigation structure.
- Make sure your Estate Agent website works across all browsers.
- Ensure that the Estate Agent website is accessible from mobile phones.
- Do not force people to watch introductory pages.
- Lastly make sure that you can show off your portfolio with high resolution photography.
Do you feel that your web design is failing to living up to today’s benchmark? If not, fill in our free Estate Agent web review form.