13 mind-blowing stats about the current social media market
21 May, 2013 | Web design
Social media marketing is still on the up and isn’t something estate agents should overlook. These stats may help you see the true potential behind these social platforms.
You may want to use these stats as inspiration towards your next marketing campaign or to simply justify your current inbound marketing activities, either way these 13 social media marketing stats will help you...
13 social media stats:
1. 27% of the total time we spend on the internet is on social networking sites.
2. 15% of mobile internet time is spent on social networking sites.
3. Social media produces almost double the marketing leads that direct mail and PPC do.
4. Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rate.
5. On Facebook, brand posts get half of their reach within 30 minutes of being posted.
6. 85% of brand fans on Facebook recommend the brand to others, compared to only 60% of average users.
7. 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook in 2013.
8. 43% of all marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013.
9. 36% of all marketers have found a customer via Twitter in 2013.
10. Twitter brands with over 1,000 Twitter followers will generate more than 800 new website visitors every month.
11. Women are more likely than men to regularly check out a brand's social page (48% vs. 43%).
12. 23% of marketers are investing in blogging and social media this year, a 9% increase from 2012.
13. Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision.