10 Twitter tips in fewer than 140 characters
26 March, 2013 | Web design
The massive micro-blog is unique among social networks for its short messages limiting you to only 140 characters per tweet. This does mean that posting on Twitter requires a little more thought but can be a great way to drive traffic, engage with potential customers and improve your rankings within Google.
Here are 10 tips to make the most out of your Estate Agency Twitter account:
1. Gain followers by tweeting engaging content and following people you think could be interested in what you have to say.
2. Tweet more. Due to its real-time, fast paced nature, Twitter allows you to post more often without annoying your followers.
3. Always shorten your links. Links tend to take up a lot of characters wasting valuable space. Use tools such as bit.ly to do this.
4. Include relevant keywords in the bio to make it easier for users to find you. Also include the company location and a link to your website.
5. Post tweets with links to your website such as articles. This will help drive more traffic to your website.
6. Engage in trending conversations by using the top trending hashtags of the day. Try to stay relevant to your industry though.
7. Retweet relevant posts or articles that you think will educate your followers. This will interest them and keep them following.
8. Don’t just post text, you can also add videos and photo in your tweets now. This will add variety to your newsfeed.
9. Don’t forget to tweet on the weekends as a lot of your followers may still be actively using the social site.
10. Use services like tweriod.com to find out when your tweets will have the biggest impact on your followers.
These Twitter tips will help you grow your Twitter followers, engage with them and promote your website. Don’t neglect your Twitter accounts, they only take a few seconds to update!