Unbelievable marketing stats for 2014
03 December, 2014 | Social media
It is important to stay up-to-date with the latest marketing surveys and studies as it will give new ideas for ways in which you can market and promote your business.
So what are the most intriguing marketing stats of 2014? Are you keeping up with the trends or are you falling behind? Here are the 30 of most interesting marketing stats to take away from 2014:
General online marketing stats
1. People want to be in control of the content they receive:
- 44% of direct mail is never opened.
- 91% of people have unsubscribed from company emails they previously opted into.
2. 72% of marketers think branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine.
3. 46% of people say a website’s design is their number one criterion for determining the credibility of a company.
4. Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%.
5. Banner ads have the lowest ROI of any digital marketing tactic.
Social marketing stats
6. 89% of 18-29 year-olds are active on social media, as are 43% of adults 65 and older.
7. 72% of all internet users are now active on social media.
8. “Interesting content” is one of the top three reasons people follow brands on social media.
9. Facebook accounts for 15.8% of total time spent on the Internet.
10. 63% of Facebook users visit daily.
11. Twitter has 215 million active monthly users.
12. Google+ has 359 million monthly active users.
Content marketing stats
13. 62% of companies outsource their content marketing.
14. 70% of consumers say they prefer getting to know a company via articles rather than ads
15. 86% of business to customer marketers uses content marketing.
16. There are 27 million pieces of content shared each day
17. Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for content marketing at 89%.
18. Blogging increases web traffic by 55% for brands.
19. Articles with images get 94% more views than those without.
SEO marketing stats
20. Organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to 1.7% for outbound marketing leads.
21. 33% of clicks from organic search results go to the top listing on Google.
22. SEO delivers the second highest ROI of any digital marketing tactic.
Email marketing stats
23. 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an e-mail marketing message
24. Email marketing delivers the highest ROI of any digital marketing tactic.
25. 64% of people say they open an e-mail because of the subject line.
26. Emails with social sharing buttons increase click-through rates by 158%
Mobile marketing stats
27. Almost half of estate agents traffic comes from a mobile device.
28. E-mail is the most popular activity on smartphones among users ages 18-44. Make sure your website is mobile optimised.
29. 64% of decision-makers read their e-mail via mobile devices.
30. 48% of all emails are opened on mobile devices.