Twitter has had a new makeover
23 April, 2014 | Social media
You may have started to notice that some Twitter profiles are starting to look a lot like Facebook. Originally the new design were rolled out to a limited number of users but now Twitter has announced that it will be available to all users.
The new design has quite a few new features, such as:
- Highlighted popular tweets (tweets with a lot of retweets or favourites).
- A larger background image - with a bigger background you may want to create new profile header.
- You can pin tweets to the top of your stream, allowing everyone to see it when they come to your Twitter profile.
- You are now able to filter down tweets/replies or photos on someone else’s profile.
Twitter is allowing you to try out these new changes before you commit to the change. So if you like what you see after your preview simply turn it on. If you don’t like the new Twitter design you can leave your profile as it already is, however Twitter will make you change to the new version in the near future.
These changes are only to the web version but nothing has been said about similar changes to the Twitter mobile app (although they have run some tests recently).
Do you want the new Twitter Profile?
Here’s what you need to do –
- Go to this page
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Get it now’
- If you aren’t already logged into Twitter, log in
- A tab will be displayed over your background image (showed below)
- Click ‘Turn it on!’
Your new Twitter profile layout is now switched on.