The latest stats and facts of why you should be on Facebook
22 April, 2015 | Social media
Facebook is growing and evolving every day. Here are some truly amazing and fascinating numbers, stats and facts regarding all things Facebook and why you need to be promoting your estate agency website on there.
Here are 15 mind blowing stats about Facebook:
1. There are at least 20,000 people on Facebook every second. That means every minute 1.2 million people have accessed Facebook.
2. On average, there are just under 500,000 people accessing Facebook from their mobile device every minute.
3. 79% of the 1.39 billion active users access Facebook from their mobile device.
4. There are 745 million daily Facebook mobile users.
5. There are 480 new Facebook members every minute, that’s 8 new members every second.
6. Every minute there are 150,000 messages sent.
7. There are over 3.2 million posts every minute.
8. There are over 500,000 Facebook “likes” every minute.
9. 1.3 million pieces of content are shared by Facebook users every minute.
10. Over 300 million photos are shared every day, that’s 12.5 million an hour, 208,000 a minute and 3,472 a second.
11. The average Facebook user spends 21 minutes per day on Facebook.
12. In November 2014, the number of videos uploads to Facebook exceeded that of videos uploaded to YouTube.
13. Facebook generates over £930,000 in revenue every hour.
14. Facebook earns over £1.6 billion a quarter from mobile advertising.
15. Facebook generated over £8.2 billion in sales in 2014 (which is a rise of 58% year on year).