Social media stats 2016
10 February, 2016 | Social media
Social media hasn’t slowed down at all over the last few years and continues to dominate the Internet. With more and more social platforms popping up, it is important you stay on top of it and that you are using the right social channels for your target audience.
Here are 18 amazing social media facts that prove just how much social media has grown over the last few years and how important it is to your marketing efforts:
1) Facebook is responsible for 23% of all traffic across the entire Internet.
2) Facebook accounts for over 21% of all social media traffic to websites.
3) Facebook currently has over 1.59 billion active monthly users.
4) As of December 2015, Facebook has 1.04 billion daily active users, up 17% year-over-year.
5) As of December 2015, Facebook has 934 million users using their website from a mobile device every day. This is an increase of 25% year-over-year.
6) Facebook has 1.44 billion active mobile users every month.
7) 23% of Facebook users check the site at least 5 times a day.
8) 77% of businesses have acquired new customers from their Facebook presence.
9) Twitter has over 320 million active monthly users.
10) Over 500 million tweets are sent every day.
11) 44% of Twitter accounts have never sent a tweet though.
12) Tweets featuring images receive 18% more clicks than those without, proving the importance of imagery on social media these days.
13) LinkedIn has over 400 million active monthly users. Don’t neglect this social platform.
14) Instagram has over 200 million active monthly users.
15) Instagram has had over 16 billion photos uploaded to their site since its launch.
16) Instagram users share 70 million photos a day.
17) Snapchat has over 100 million active daily users.
18) 8,796 photos are shared on Snapchat every second.