How to get started on YouTube for Estate Agents
08 January, 2014 | Social media
YouTube for Estate Agents
YouTube is the second most popular search engine on the internet and receives more than 1 billion unique visits each month.
It is the largest video-sharing website. With over 6 billion hours of video being watched each month, 100 hours of video is uploaded every single minute, 500 years of YouTube videos are watched everyday on Facebook and over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
YouTube can be a great marketing tool for estate agents, get started today.
Getting set up on YouTube
1. Go to www.YouTube.com
2. Click on “Sign in” in the top right hand corner
3. If you have a Google account already just sign in and skip to number 8, if not click on “Create an Account” in the top right hand corner
4. Fill in all the information required and click next
5. You will now have been sent an email. Log onto your emails and verify your email address.
6. Go back to www.YouTube.com
7. Click on “Sign in” in the top right hand corner and sign in
8. You will then have to select the categories you like. Select 3 of them and click next
9. They will give you the option to subscribe to other user accounts, deselect the ones you aren’t interested in. Then click Save
10. Your YouTube Account is now set up
Uploading a video to YouTube
1) Now you are set up you can upload videos to YouTube
2) Click “Upload” at the top of YouTube’s homepage
3) A “Upload as” box will appear, select “To use a business or other name, click here”
4) Enter your business name and click “Ok I’m ready to upload”
5) You are now given the option to select a video file
6) Select the video file you wish to upload
7) Once selected the video will begin uploading, this usually takes a few seconds or minutes depending on how big the file is
8) Now the video is uploaded you have to enter in the details regarding the video
You need to include:
- A title
- A short description
- Select a category
- Select a suitable thumbnail
9) Click Save
10) Your video is now uploaded to YouTube