How to create a LinkedIn company page for Estate Agents
15 January, 2014 | Social media
LinkedIn for Estate Agents
LinkedIn now has over 259 million members; around 11 million of those are UK members and it is one of the most popular social websites for business professionals.
What many of you don’t know is that it is also great for generating leads. So if you are interested in getting started on LinkedIn to further promote your estate agency, here is a quick guide to get you set up!
How to set up a LinkedIn company page:
If you already have a personal LinkedIn account, skip to step 3.
1. Go to www.LinkedIn.com
2. Sign up for a personal account. Create an account by filling in the form on the homepage. This will only take a few minutes.
3. Once you have set up your personal account; on your LinkedIn homepage go to “Interests” on the primary navigation and select “Companies”.
4. Select “Add a Company” which is located on the right-hand side of the page.
5. Fill in your company name and your email address. Be sure to check the confirmation box and then click “Continue”.
6. You will receive an email from LinkedIn confirming your page has been set up. You now can go to your company page and begin putting in your business information.
7. Information you need to include:
- Company language
- Company name
- Company type
- Company size
- Website URL
- Company industry
- Operating status
- Year founded
- Company location
- A short description about your business (within the description be sure to include appropriate keywords)
8. Add a banner image and logo. This is just like a cover and profile image for Facebook, and is what people will see when they visit your LinkedIn Company page (make sure it is consistent with your other social channels and website). The image requirements are – 646 x 220 pixels (maximum 2 MB) and the Logo – 100 x 60 pixels (maximum 2MB).
9. Now select “Publish” and your page is live!
Adding your services:
10. Go to your Company page and choose “products”.
11. Click “edit page” on the right-hand side and choose “add product or service” from the drop-down menu.
12. Fill out this section, include:
- Step 1 – select “Service”
- Step 2 – select “Real Estate”
- Step 3 – write “estate and letting agents in (your area)”
- Step 5 – write a brief description about your services, be sure to include relevant keywords
- Step 6 – list all of your services - e.g. “estate agents in (local area)”, “letting agents in (local area)”, “commercial agents in (local area)”
- Step 7 – include your Services page URL
13. Once you’ve filled out all of this information select “Publish”.
14. Your LinkedIn company page is now completed!