Get Verified On Twitter
28 November, 2017 | Social media
Twitter has recently announced that any brand can apply to get their account verified. Having a verified Twitter account has many advantages and is something every business should apply for.
Once verified, you will receive the blue verified badge which will be displayed on your Twitter profile to let people know that your account is authentic.
So if you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, here’s how you submit a request:
Submitting a request
To complete the form to get your business verified you need to provide the following details:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A website
- Have your tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings
Here are some characteristics of verified accounts to help you get verified:
- The Twitter profile name must reflect the real name of the company.
- The profile and/or header photo should reflect the company’s branding.
- The email address associated with the account must be a company email address.
What else do you need know?
You will be asked for additional information that will help Twitter evaluate your verification request. For example -
- Why you should have a verified account? Businesses should state their mission.
- You will be asked to provide URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy in their field.
Submitting a request:
To submit a request to get your Twitter account verified, go to https://verification.twitter.com/welcome.
You must be logged into your company Twitter account to access this page. If your request gets denied, you can submit another request 30 days after receiving the declined email.