Facebook Dominates Social Media
16 November, 2016 | Social media
We all know that Facebook is a force to be reckoned with, that they dominate social media and blow their competition out of the water.
However, new information has come from a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center that shows us just how big the social giant really is.
Here’s what the survey revealed:
- According to the survey, 79% of all online adults use Facebook.
- 76% of Facebook users use the site daily.
- 32% of online adults use Instagram.
- 51% of which use the Instagram daily.
- Whereas only 24% of online adults use Twitter.
- Only 42% of Twitter users use Twitter daily.
- 25% of Pinterest users use Pinterest daily.
- 18% of LinkedIn users use LinkedIn daily.
Facebook also has the widest range of demographics:
- 88% of 18 to 29’s use Facebook.
- 84% of 30 to 49’s use Facebook.
- 72% of 50 to 64’s use Facebook.
- 62% of 65+’s use Facebook.
The survey indicates that the older generations are joining Facebook in increasing numbers. Saying that 62% of online adults aged 65+ now use Facebook, which is a 14% increase from last year.
According to the latest stats, Facebook currently dominates the social media market with over 1.71 billion active monthly users, followed by Instagram with 500 million, Twitter with 313 million, Pinterest with 150 million and LinkedIn with 106 million.
Snapchat on the other hand hasn’t released any stats for their active monthly usage; however they did confirm that they have over 150 million active daily users worldwide and 10 million daily active UK users, which is likely to put them in 3rd or 4th in the social network table.