12 interesting Twitter facts and stats
10 September, 2014 | Social media
Here are 12 amazing and surprising facts and stats about Twitter that may help and encourage you to get involved in the Twitter universe.
Twitter has many potential benefits for estate agents if they are willing to dedicate some time into creating a strong Twitter presence.
Here are 12 facts and stats to prove Twitter is on the up and up:
1. There was a 24% increase in monthly active users over the last 4 quarters. Twitter now has a total of 271,000,000 (271 million) monthly active users.
2. That is an increase of 53 million users in just one year.
3. Twitter is huge for mobile users. Their monthly active mobile users now stand at 211 million, a gain of 29%.
4. Twitter is expected to have revenue of over £200 million in the third quarter of 2014 alone.
5. Twitter is currently the second most popular social network behind Facebook with just over 15% of the social networking market.
6. Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than those without images
7. Tweets with images linked to them have 5 times the engagement rate
8. 170 minutes is the average time a user spends on Twitter each month
9. 63% of brands have multiple Twitter accounts
10. The average number of followers per twitter user is 208
11. Twitter now has over 2000 employees
12. During the world cup there were 672 million tweets