SEO Stats That You Can’t Ignore
28 November, 2018 | SEO
Despite what some people may think, SEO is far from dead and it will always be a crucial part of online search.
SEO is no longer about manipulating Google’s algorithm but enhancing a website through branding, content creation, advancements in technology, usability and increasing reach to drive interested local visitors to your website.
These 16 stats should be enough to persuade you that SEO is essential to your business and still very much alive and well:
1) 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
2) In the UK, Google currently holds 92.83% of the total search engine market share.
3) 57% of marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative.
4) 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase.
5) 72% of online marketers describe content creation as their most effective SEO tactic.
6) 75% of people never scroll past the first page of Google.
7) 61% of internet users do research on a product online before making a purchase.
8) On average, leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads have a 1.7% close rate.
9) 75% of people will ignore paid search results, choosing to only to click on organic listings.
10) Bounce rates increase by 50% if your website takes just 2 seconds extra to load.
11) Voice search is on the rise and currently accounts for 10% of total searches.
12) 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their current location.
13) 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
14) 88% of consumers trust online reviews from reputable sites as much as they trust personal recommendations.
15) 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
16) 78% of local mobile searches result in an offline purchase.