Marketing, Google search and SEO statistics
02 April, 2014 | SEO
SEO for estate agents is crucial for any agent interested in online success. Here are the latest statistics for Marketing, Google search and SEO for the UK and the rest of the world.
How many searches are made?
- 2.2 trillion searches were made on Google throughout 2013.
- That’s 5,922,000,000 searches a day!
- Google controls 90.55% of the UKs search market and is the world’s number one search engine.
- Googles search statistics were up by 287 billion searches over the year.
PPC vs SEO
- 94% of searchers go to natural search in the UK, with only 6% of clicks going to paid search results.
- PPC campaign spend was up by 34.1% in 2013; however impressions only rose by 12.5%.
- The PPC search results are clicked on more by the over 35s, with 65% of people who clicked on a PPC advert in 2013 being over 35 years old.
- Internet advertising will make up nearly 25% of the entire ad market by 2015.
- 72% of PPC marketers plan to increase their PPC budget in 2014.
Positioning within Google
- 90% of users will click on page one search results on Google.
- 33% of traffic from Google’s organic search results will click on the 1st item listed.
Trends within Marketing
- Nearly 50% of companies have a content marketing strategy such as a blog.
- Emails with social sharing buttons increase click through rates by 158%.
- Social marketing budgets will double over the next 5 years.
What to consider
- 52% of all marketers have found at least one customer through Facebook in 2013.
- 67% of businesses that blog generate 67% more leads than those who don’t.
- 43% of marketers found a customer via LinkedIn.
- 55% of marketers are increasing their online marketing budget in 2014.
- 65% of your audience are visual learners.
- Visual data is processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text.