How To Rank Higher And Get More Traffic
23 May, 2018 | SEO
On-page SEO is one of the easiest things you can do to your website to improve its rankings. Not only that it will also provide a better user-experience for your readers and bring in more traffic to your website.
Unlike off-page SEO, you have full control of your on-page SEO. When you are creating content for your website, which could be anything from writing an article to an About Us page it is essential to remember the basics of on-page SEO to get the most out of your website.
On-page SEO isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Here are 12 rules to help you get started:
1) Make sure your page URLs are short and that they contain your keywords.
2) Use your chosen keywords within the title tag.
3) Use the keywords within the page titles, especially the H1 and H2 tags.
4) Try to include videos, pictures and charts on your website as these tend to keep your users engaged for longer.
5) Try to include your keywords at the beginning of your articles, preferably within the first 100 words.
6) Your page titles are very important, be sure to let Google know it by adding the H1 or H2 tag to them.
7) Speed is crucial. Everyone hates having to wait for webpage’s to load. Make sure your website loads within a couple of seconds.
8) Add social sharing buttons to your page to make it easy for the users to share your content.
9) None of your articles should be shorter than 300 words. Longer articles are proven to attract more readers.
10) Having a high bounce rate can have a negative effect on your SEO. Try to keep your readers engaged for as long as possible. You can do this by including pictures and videos as well as writing compelling content.
11) Improve your rankings by adding related keywords. For example if your primary keyword is “Estate Agents in [your town]” you should also include keywords like “[your town] Estate Agents” within your website.
12) Your website must be fully responsive. Every page must be optimised for mobile, not just your homepage!