Estate Agent Website Design: The central element to online success
26 February, 2014 | SEO
There is no single content strategy that works for every estate agency website. Creating your own content strategy is the only way to go and this is because every business has a different audience.
Quality content is one of the key factors for a successful website online. Here’s why:
Increase your visibility online
- A company blog will result in 55% more traffic.
- 63% of businesses have said by posting their content to social sites like Facebook or Twitter has increased their marketing’s effectiveness.
- 70% of customers prefer getting to know a company via an article rather than through adverts.
Increase your SEO rankings
- Businesses that blog generate 97% more links than those who don’t.
- A blog will give your estate agency website 434% more indexed pages.
- 37% of businesses that blog say their blogs are the most valuable type of marketing.
Increase your following
- Content that readers find interesting is one of the main reasons that people follow businesses on social media.
- 6 out of 10 social media followers are more likely to recommend a brand they follow (and word of mouth is the main reason behind up to 50% of buying decisions).
- 67% of Twitter users are more likely to use the services of a business they follow.
To achieve a great content marketing strategy you will have to use a unique and individual approach. Copying your competition or other businesses may give you inspiration but unless you make it your own it is likely to fail.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Avoid selling – Give the reader information they want to read, offer them tips and tricks about your industry, rather than pushing sales upon them. If you over sell, the reader will just lose interest in your blog and leave.
- Aim to solve your audiences’ problems - give them advice, supply them with how-to guides, etc.
- Be consistent – Aim to post articles to your website at least once a week (2 to 3 times preferably). We know this may take time but if you are truly producing great content you will see the benefits in consistent posting.
- Optimise your content for SEO – you have created great content, now it’s time for you to make sure people can find it through the search engines. Optimising your content is easy and could really boost the traffic to your website.
- Promote through social media, email marketing and word of mouth – just because you blog doesn’t mean readers will come looking for you. Promote your content by sending out newsletters, posting links on your social platforms and informing customers in person about all the great content you have been posting to your website.