Content marketing stats and facts
02 September, 2015 | SEO
Content marketing is a vital tool for any business that wants to find success online. It is such a successful online marketing strategy that 91% of businesses are now doing some kind of content marketing to gain more business.
Content marketing is a proven marketing strategy that will not only improve your SEO but increase brand awareness, sales and expand your reach.
Here are 18 compelling content marketing stats and facts that will hopefully inspire you to take action and get writing!
Content marketing stats and facts:
1) 91% of businesses use some form of content marketing.
2) Companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those that don’t blog.
3) Content marketing boosts organic search. Organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound marketing leads only have a 1.7% close rate.
4) 72% of marketers believe branded content is more effective than magazine/newspaper advertisement.
5) Website conversion rates for businesses that have a content marketing strategy in place are on average 6 times higher than businesses that don’t.
6) The top content marketing goals for businesses are website traffic, sales leads, improved SEO and brand awareness.
7) 92% of businesses produce social media content.
8) 83% of businesses produce eNewsletters.
9) 81% of businesses post articles on their website.
10) 80% of businesses have a blog.
11) 16% of businesses publish new content daily.
12) 26% of businesses publish new content multiple times per week.
13) 17% of businesses publish new content weekly.
14) 19% of businesses publish new content monthly.
15) 73% publish video content as part of their content marketing strategy.
16) 63% of businesses that post videos say they are effective.
17) 87% of businesses are using social media to distribute content.
18) 68% of marketers agree that you should limit salesy messages within your content marketing in order to improve the quality of content.