Is Email Marketing Really Worth It?
13 February, 2019 | Online marketing
Many of us overlook Email Marketing as we consider it as an outdated or spammy marketing technique, but it is in fact one of the most effective tactics for raising brand awareness and generating new leads.
It has also been proven time and time again to deliver the highest return on investment, significantly higher than that of social media marketing.
If you don’t believe us, here are some facts and stats to inspire you into giving email marketing a try:
Email Marketing Stats:
- There are almost 4 billion email users worldwide.
- The return on investment for email marketing averages at 3,800%.
- Email is the preferred channel for marketing your services with 77% of people saying they would rather receive promotional content via email than through SMS or social media.
- 61% of people prefer to be contacted by businesses through email.
- You are 6 times more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter.
- A message is 5 times more likely to be seen in an email than via Facebook.
- Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search, social and direct mail.
- 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices.
What Works Best?
- Emails that include video can increase click-rates by 300%.
- Emails with images have a 89% higher open rate and 4.36% higher CTR.
- Emails with personalised subject lines have a 3% higher open rate.
- Sending four emails a month instead of one will significantly increase open rates.
- Subject lines with less than 10 characters had an open rate of 58%.
- 64% of people say they open an email because of the subject line alone.
Interested in starting an email marketing campaign? Give us a call or request a call back to find out what Resource Techniques can do for you…