Email marketing statistics 2015
05 August, 2015 | Online marketing
Email marketing is a very effective way of driving traffic to your website, promoting brand recognition and increasing your lead generation. It enables you to stay in touch with your audience, educate them and convert.
Here are the latest email marketing statistics to prove email marketing is one of the most effective marketing strategies around:
Why use Email Marketing?
- Email is nearly 40 times better than Facebook and Twitter at obtaining customers.
- 73% of businesses think email marketing is a crucial part of their marketing campaign.
- 20% of businesses say email is a primary revenue source.
- 74% of businesses believe email will produce a Return on Investment in the future.
- Over 60% of marketers said they have increased their email marketing budgets in 2015.
Producing successful Email Marketing Emails
We know email marketing is proven to be extremely effective but how should you be putting it into practice? Here’s what you should considering when writing/creating a successful email marketing strategies:
The 3 most important factors of an email –
1) 79% said content and design.
2) 74% said campaign management.
3) 74% said contact management.
- Non-salesy, educational and informative emails outperform sales focused emails every time.
- Short, descriptive headlines (fewer than 50 characters) achieve the best results.
- How often you send your emails and the quality of your email list also plays a huge role in success.
When to send Emails
- There is no specific day that performs best, however weekdays perform better than weekends. Specific days depend on your audience.
- The best time for emails to be sent is between 9am and 12pm.
Who reads your Emails?
- 48% of emails are opened on a mobile device. However only 11 percent of emails are optimised for mobile…
- 69% of mobile users will delete emails that aren’t mobile optimised.
- 64% of people say they open emails based on the subject line alone.
- 72% of people are like to share useful or interesting content via email. Especially if it is made easy for them with a share button.
- Most people open their emails between 10am and 4pm (during the standard working day).
Email marketing is proven to be one of the most successful and effective marketing strategies. It should not be overlooked or discarded.