4 reasons why you should be creating videos
09 September, 2015 | Online marketing
Videos are generally overlooked as a marketing strategy, but it can play a huge part of a successful marketing campaign.
Videos are a great way to add engagement with your audience, expand your reach and bring your businesses personality to life.
Here are 4 great stats that will help you understand just how vital video can be to your marketing efforts:
1) YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine
These days, most people will find your business through search engines, and although YouTube may not be a traditional search engine it is still the second largest and is also connected to the largest search engine in the world (Google).
YouTube’s stats speak for themselves:
- YouTube has more than one billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
2) Website visitors will spend 88% more time on a website with videos
People love videos, so if you want people to spend more time on your website than videos are a great way to do this. If your videos provide your users with creative and compelling content via video then your users are likely to spend more time looking around your website and learning who you are and what you do.
3) Videos on landing page increase conversions by 86%
A landing page is the place you collect potential clients information so you should be doing everything you can to increase the conversion rates on this page. With videos providing an 86% increase in conversions you can’t afford to ignore it.
4) 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others
People tend to share videos more than anything else and with 92% of mobile users sharing videos, videos are definitely something you should consider for your mobile marketing strategy.
Videos are a great way to expand your reach through social sharing, which in turn will increase your brand awareness and potential customer leads.