Mobile stats that will blow your mind
12 November, 2014 | Mobile / Apps
The mobile landscape has continued to grow year on year and it doesn’t look like it will be slowing down any time soon. When you consider the average user spends 2 hours a day on their mobile devices, it is hard to ignore the potential mobile has for businesses.
It is a huge opportunity for estate agents to find customers who are looking for local services on smartphones or tablets.
Here are some mobile stats to prove mobile is a necessity these days:
Mobile is growing
1. There are more than 1.75 billion smartphones in use.
2. 81% of UK adults age 25-34 own a smartphone.
3. 70% of teens own a smartphone.
4. 50% of adults age 55 and over own a smartphone.
Mobile usage is changing
5. 57% of users won’t recommend a company with a poor mobile site.
6. 1 in 4 online searches are conducted on a mobile device.
7. The average mobile user spends 2 hours a day on a mobile device.
Mobile market share
Most popular smartphone
8. 41% of mobile users own an Apple mobile device.
9. 25% of mobile users own a Samsung mobile device.
10. 34% of mobile users own other mobile devices.
Most popular Operating System
11. 52% of mobile users use Android OS
12. 40% of mobile users use Apple iOS
13. 8% of mobile users use other operating systems
14. 95% of mobile users look up local information regularly.
15. 61% of those people then called the business.
16. 59% of those people then visited the business.
17. 7 in 10 apps are built for iOS rather than for Android.
So what are you doing to increase your mobile marketing efforts?