Mobile marketing stats every estate agent needs to know
29 October, 2014 | Mobile / Apps
Today’s estate agents need to have a strong online presence. Not only that, they also need a strong mobile presence which is now a necessity for all estate agents, big and small.
Here are 6 reason why you should become more mobile-friendly:
- 58% of adults now use a smartphone on a daily basis.
- Time spent on a mobile device is continually increasing. The average smartphone users now spend 162 minutes on their mobile every day.
- Mobile usage is growing fast and it has changed the way we use the web. The majority of internet usage no longer takes place on desktops or laptops, on average more time is spent browsing the web using mobile devices (smartphone or tablet).
- Searching and social media are popular mobile activities. On average, the time spend on a mobile device each day consists of 22.5% spent on social media apps (17% of this time is spent on Facebook alone) and 14% of the time is spent searching the web.
- 79% of smartphone owners use their mobile to search for local business regularly.
- Mobile users also search mobile maps for business information. 56% of people search for a local business on a map to find out the businesses opening hours, 33% to find ratings and reviews, 26% to research their products and services.
From this, it is clear that all businesses including estate agents need to have a strong mobile-optimised web presence as it is essential for marketing your business to local potential customers.
So you want to build a strong mobile presence? Here’s how you get started…
1. Think responsive
A website needs to be sleek, modern and easy to use on any device. You can’t just rely on a website that looks great on a desktop computer, it is crucial that your website also looks great on a mobile device (whatever the screen size). A responsive website will automatically adjust to any screen size to ensure your website looks its best on any device, while retaining full functionality.
2. Get social
Your audience is likely to be spending a huge amount of time on social media while on their smartphones. Make sure you have an active social media presence to ensure you can be found easily and make a lasting impression.
3. Claim and manage business listings
Your business should be listed everywhere. Make sure your business listings are claimed, managed and up-to-date on sites like Google Local Business listings and Yelp. This will help your business to be found on mobile search, apps and maps.