It’s time to go mobile responsive
27 May, 2015 | Mobile / Apps
The internet has evolved dramatically over the last few years. How people search today has changed so much compared to how they would have searched 5 years ago. And how we use the web has made it clear why Google’s made their latest algorithm updates.
The internet is expanding and the need to rank has never been more crucial. Estate agents need to go mobile or they will risk losing out on more traffic, leads and sales.
Today, the only way to go is to have a responsive website designed. Responsive is the latest approach to how websites are designed to ensure the layout and functionality is usable and the content is readable from any device (from huge TVs to small smartphones).
Going responsive for your websites design choice has the following benefits:
1) It is preferred by Google – Google has stated many times that they prefer responsive design over mobile websites. This has been proven by the various search engine algorithm updates that have been made over the last few months, in particularly their most recent mobile-friendliness update. Responsive websites are better for the user which Google loves, as well as making it easier for Google to crawl, index and organise your website.
2) Cost and time effective – Over the past few years many people have had no choice but to create different websites for various devices, which is hard to manage and can cost a lot to maintain. With responsive web design, you only create one website that works across all devices.
3) Responsive is more mobile-friendly – A mobile website is usually a compacted version of your desktop website which means only a fraction of your webpages are actually mobile optimised. This may work from a user’s perspective as long as they are looking for optimised pages but the search engine will still crawl every page on your website, include those non-optimised pages which will be ranked down.
4) Conversion optimised – responsive design gives you more control over your website as they can be flexible. This give you control over how your conversion elements such as call to actions are view from each device.
5) Improved user experience – a responsive website will create a consistent and engaging experience across every device rather than just one or two. An improved user experience will lead to more conversions and sales.