25 reasons to go mobile
04 February, 2014 | Mobile / Apps
Mobile is now people’s go-to tool for everything online (emailing, social networking, searching and researching). Mobile is continually becoming more and more important for estate agents to keep up with their customers’ needs and to stay ahead of the competition.
So is it time for you to go mobile? Here are 25 reasons that will hopefully convince you to go mobile in 2014:
Mobile's gone crazy:
1. Smartphone use will reach 2 billion worldwide by 2015.
2. On average, Estate Agents mobile traffic is increasing by 3.5 percent each month.
3. 35% of smartphone users expect to access the internet using their mobile phone more in the near future.
4. 45% of users between the age of 18 to 29 use mobile search daily.
5. The number of local searches on mobile devices has quadrupled since 2012.
6. Of the 30 billion yearly mobile searches, around 12 billion of those are for local businesses.
7. 40% of mobile searches happen between 6pm and 12pm.
8. 77% of all mobile searches occur at home or work (even if the PC is nearby and readily available).
9. Mobile search tends to double over the holiday period.
10. Mobile searches occur 40% of the time on tablets and 60% of the time on smartphones.
Why you should be mobile optimised:
11. 33% of mobile searches are for local businesses, compared to only 20% of desktop searches.
12. 94% of smartphone users look for local information on their phone.
13. 45% of mobile searches are done with a purpose to take action. Mobile users are more goal-oriented and driven.
14. 70% of mobile searches for a service will result in a sale in the future.
15. Users are 30% more likely to use visit a website via their mobile to help them make decisions about a service.
16. Google have 30 million click-to-calls each month. Be sure your contact information is easily accessible.
17. Mobile users are 39% more likely to call for further information related to a buying decision.
Provide for your customer needs:
18. 81% of people prefer mobile to any other device for its convenience and speed.
19. 40% of mobile users will go to a competitor if your site is not mobile friendly.
20. 46% of mobile users won’t return to a website if they had problems accessing or viewing the site from their phone.
21. Estate Agency websites that are not mobile optimised are 24% more likely to have mobile visitors bounce.
22. 60% of mobile users expect a website to load in under 3 seconds.
23. 66% of mobile users prefer a mobile website to an app.
24. Mobile searches have a 30% higher click-through rate than desktops.
25. A third of mobile users would rather find information on their smartphone first instead of needing to contact the agent.
It is clear that being mobile optimised is crucial for any business that is serious about providing their potential and existing customers with the best user experience possible.
Crucial points to being mobile optimised:
- Create a mobile website that is easy to use.
- Make sure all your offices and contact information is clearly displayed.
- Make sure your product information is easy to search for and that your company information (service, about pages) is easy to find.