Website design, SEO and other Estate Agent News
The rise of Facebook
Facebook is among the top visited sites on the web, only missing
out on the top spot to Google. Just over 25 million unique UK users
visit Facebook every month, meaning just under half the UK’s
population are actively using the social network and Facebook is
even more popular in many other countries with Brazil reaching
around 76% of its countries population every month.
Since the launch of Facebook in 2004, the social giant has
managed to pass many milestones and is now on its way to reaching a
billion active users around the world.
Here are some of the key achievements Facebook has had over the
last 8 years:
- January 2009: Facebook replaced MySpace as the most popular
Social Network for the first time and has held its position at the
top ever since.
- Between 2005 to 2009: Facebook managed to double its traffic
each year in the United States, reaching 10 million users for the
first time in November 2006.
- April 2008: Facebook quickly became a hit in the UK reaching 10
million unique visitors.
- In 2009: The French, Spanish and Germans followed suit all
reaching 10 million visitors a piece.
- July 2010: Facebook reach 500 million active users
Amazingly Facebook continues to grow worldwide with analysts
suggesting it may reach the one billion mark by the end of the
Currently Facebook is the most popular Social Network worldwide
with 901 million active users but how popular is Facebook compared
to its competition:
- Twitter : 300 million members
- Google Plus: 200 million members
- LinkedIn: 120 million members
Back to Top